Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Challenge: Day 6

Breakfast: I made one of my favorite breakfasts ever!  An egg bake. 


Here's how to make it:
  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
  2. Grease a ramekin (or small oven-safe dish) with coconut oil.  Add 2 eggs, 2 tbsp salsa and salt and pepper if desired.  
  3. Bake for 8 - 12 mins depending on how you like your yolks. 10 or 11 is usually perfect for me (firmer yolks)
  4. Take out of oven carefully and enjoy!  It's great with a piece of whole grain toast.
Lunch: I made a salad with last night's leftover chicken, along with avocado and black beans.  Delicious!

Dinner: Grilled steaks with a homemade creole seasoning.  For the side, I made a vegetable hash from my Paleo cookbook - Everyday Paleo.  It had sweet potatoes, zucchini and shallots in it seasoned with curry powder and cinnamon.  It was super tasty!

Snacks: Carrot sticks and homemade trail mix.

How I felt today: After yesterday's best energy day ever I was a little disappointed that I felt more drained.  I woke up a lot last night, so all that interrupted sleep probably didn't help.  This is the first day that I drank Spark twice (once in the morning and once before lunch).  I still love how alert and awake I feel on the Spark.  So much better than coffee! 

No comments: