Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Challenge: Day 7

Today I felt pretty tired around 1:30, and was struggling to stay awake around 3.  I was also having cravings for things like cupcakes (someone put a container of them on the table behind me at work!), ice cream, chocolate, beer, and a big juicy burger.  this is the first day since starting the challenge that I have had any of these junk food cravings.  Jacob mentioned that he had some cravings about day 8.  
Tomorrow is the 4th of July, so no work.  I'm wondering if a day of rest will help rejuvenate me as work has been pretty tiring and I have done a little overtime.

Here's what I did for food today:

Breakfast: Egg bake and slice of peanut butter toast

Lunch: Chicken salad w/ about 3 tsp Goddess dressing

Dinner: I made the Saucy Salmon from the challenge cookbook.  This salmon was baked on a bed of chard (which I've never had) and covered with a tomato sauce you cook up before baking. 


It was good, however my husband and I LOVE salmon, so this seemed like it was covering up the taste too much.  Too much work and ingredients for something that is so good when baked with just a basic seasoning and some lemon.  I think this recipe would be great for someone who doesn't like salmon all that much as it covers up that "salmony" flavor.  I served it with asparagus and brown rice.

Snacks: Homemade trail mix, a banana, carrot sticks, and a strawberry banana smoothie made with coconut milk.

No comments: